In Orbit was founded to enable large-scale orbital research and manufacturing. Today, we are developing the next-generation of spacecraft for on-orbit operations and the return of cargo from space back down to Earth. To accomplish this, we are looking for a Business Development Lead eager to join a fast-paced team developing space services for a new orbital economy.
As a business development lead at In Orbit, you will execute our mission of enabling mass manufacturing in space by compiling government proposals, creating leads, closing deals, and working with the leadership team on sales and marketing strategies. You will share the responsibility with the company leadership in obtaining financial growth and maintaining awareness of the market.
- Manage business development effort under the guidance of the executive team
- Identify and research potential clients and partnerships to negotiate contracts
- Prepare and present sales & marketing proposals or strategies
- Manage proposal planning, preparation, and submissions
- Work with outside vendors, consultants, and strategic partners to meet objectives
- Synthesize complex information and make actionable recommendations to the executive team
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business field
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-facing sales role
- Capacity to forge and maintain strong relationships with people from various fields
- Knowledge of sales contracts and service agreements
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Prior experience in a VP or director of sales role
- Strong connections with DoD, NASA, and the commercial space industry
- Experience with financial modeling and forecasting
- Experience with proposal development, writing, and best practices
- Knowledge of the current and future space industry
- Highly effective communication (written and verbal) skills
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 20%)
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.